Tuesday 24 February 2009

Typography


I studied a National Diploma graphics course from September 2006 to June 2008. Since this time my interest in typography has developed. I had always noticed its use in signs and around the environment, but now have a more unique and creative feel for it. I like how it is used in logos and on clothing, as this can make a t-shirt or a pear of jeans look very stylish. Something that I have learned since starting my graphics course at Uni is how over used "Helvetica" is. It is possibly the most common font on signs, shops and adverts. A single piece of typography can be used as an amazing piece of artwork. The most simple letter placements can make something like a magazine cover or a logo look truly outstanding. In a previous course, I was asked to take the lyrics from a song and write then in a certain font. The font was Bauhaus, and it ended up being one of my favourite pieces of work.
More typographic art can be found at:

No comments:

Post a Comment