Tuesday 24 February 2009

Architecture and building design




Since I started studying graphics at the University of East London in September 2008, I have developed an interest in architecture. Seeing many sites in and around London has really made me appreciate the subject. From a creative or artistic perspective, I realise that without buildings like the O2 Arena, London could look very dull. Even though it is not actually a building, the London eye is also designed well. I have seen many buildings around the city which take away from the usual designs. There is a slanted building near tower bridge that looks like it is tipping. There is also the bullet shaped building and Tower Bridge itself. The Tower of London is probably one of the most unique due to its age. The great thing about London and other cities alike is the mix of modern and historic building designs. I can really appreciate the creativity and effort that goes into this - even study the subject myself later on.

Pictured above, good examples of the unique architecture in London.


www.architecture.com

1 comment:

  1. I love your photos of London Architecture. Alexander James has shot some beautiful photos of cityscapes, check them out:

    Stock, Advertising & Fine Art Studio Distil Ennui www.DistilEnnui.com

    Canvas prints and stock licensing delivered direct from their stock image library www.AlexanderJamesStockPhotography.com
    The studio put all their behind the scenes footage from their productions at http://DistilEnnui.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete